UPDATE: It appears that the old forums are still intact. They will be reinstated as soon as possible. The BBPress forums have been disabled, so there’s no need to register unless you want to comment.
As you may have noticed, the site has changed a little bit. Please be patient while everything is set up.
Some questions you may be asking yourself:
Where did all of the old posts/threads/links/users go?
I’m not sure. As of right now, all I know is that the old server went offline. I am contacting Dunhill (the previous server admin) in order to determine the cause.
Why did you change the site?
Squad TD has spent a long time as a forum-only site. With the growth of interest, and the maturing of its players, a more versatile website management system like WordPress is perfect. With the old server going down, this was a good opportunity to attempt a transition.
Will it be possible to restore to the old site?
Assuming that the server is intact, it is definitely possible; however, instead of simply restoring the old site, my plan is to import all of the data (forum posts, threads, users) from the old site into the forums on this site. At the very least, important threads will be replicated once the new forums are ready.
When is the new patch coming out? I thought you said the end of November!
Things did not go quite as smoothly as I had predicted, but nevertheless the patch is almost ready. The current goal is Sunday, Dec 8th.
In the meantime, here are some spoilers about what to expect from the new patch:
- New Race! The Soul Builder will be released with the upcoming patch.
- New Balance! Due to balance decisions, the game will be slightly more difficult now and will require more units to clear each wave.
- Less Lag! Framerate drops have been significantly reduced throughout the game.
- No Armor! Armor is being eliminated from the game for numerous reasons, and as such, several changes have been made to retain balance. Further details will be provided with the patch notes.
- More New Balance! Automaton has been bopped just a little with the nerf hammer.